Tuesday 23 September 2008

NYTimes - Supernatural Powers, Yes. Gen-Y Problems, Also Yes.

Several articles I was reading on the NYT website just now were hilarious - such as Catholics refusing to vote on Democrats because of abortion issues, or how corrupting the Babar stories were because they celebrated colonialism (sounds familiar eh Tintin?) - but this one just cracked me up! While I agree that we GenYs are downright spoilt, someone really is reading waaaaay too much into a TV show...

On a more serious note, I also recommend this: Barack Obama, John McCain and the Language of Race
It usually annoys me to read complaints over racism here and there because most of them are so ridiculously over-the-top (such as complaining about the lack of Blacks in period movies), but this article got to me and showed me a point of view I hadn't really seen before...I dunno, what do you think?

No comments: